RESTORE. INVIGORATE. REPLENISH.
Many people take vitamins on daily basis, some are in a pill form, some are in capsules and some are as gummies. The main disadvantage with oral supplements is that it takes a long time for the vitamins to reach needed levels in the organism and it is difficult for many nutrients to survive digestive process.
Intravenous vitamins are delivered directly into the bloodstream at high concentrations, so you reach potential health benefits and hydration much faster than with oral supplements. The vitamins, minerals and fluid that are in excess, which your body doesn't need will be excreted in urine. The procedure is quick. It takes 35-40 minutes, during which you recline comfortably and can be on your phone or read a book. Once the IV therapy is completed you can return to regular daily activities. Minor soreness at the IV site can occur, but resolves quickly. IV vitamins can be repeated weekly or biweekly, 4-6 sessions depending on your body needs.
All our cocktails contain 500 ml Normal Saline and Myers Cocktail.
Myers Cocktail is named after Dr. John Myers from Baltimore, Maryland, who was known for administering vitamin drips to alleviate various health conditions. Myers cocktail contains:
- Magnesium Chloride which can help to lessen fatigue, improve immunity, and decrease risk of developing migraines.
- B-Complex vitamins-which help convert nutrients into energy and can improve skin, hair and nails.
- Hydroxy B12- treats low levels of vitamin B12 and assists in healthy brain, blood, cell and nerve function.
- Calcium Gluconate-can strengthen the bones and assists in normal functioning of muscles, nerves and cells in the body.
- Ascorbic Acid, vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that can improve immunity and protect from free radicals.
Myers Cocktail + Glutathione
This IV cocktail is great for anyone who feels fatigued and low on energy.
Glutathione is an amino acid, a powerful antioxidant. It can be taken in the treatment and prevention of cataracts, glaucoma, aging, alcoholism, cancer, heart disease, liver disease, lung disease, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, osteoarthritis and diseases that breakdown the body’s immune system.
Myers Cocktail + Ascorbic Acid + Biotin + B-Complex
Hair loss is traumatic and stressful. Hair loss can happen due to age, stress or illness. Recently many people have experienced the type of hair loss called Telogen Effluvium after COVID-19. If you want to strengthen your hair, improve your skin and nails this will be a great cocktail.
Myers Cocktail + Ascorbic Acid + Vita Complex + Zinc Chloride
After so many people have gotten COVID-19, we all can benefit from an immunity boost. Whether you recently recovered from an illness or want to strengthen your immune system before upcoming cold and flu season, you can do so with this cocktail.
Recovery & Performance
Myers Cocktail+Ascorbic Acid+Vita Complex+Amino Blend+Mineral Blend
Have you been working out hard and feel that your body is not recovering as fast as it used to? Whether you preparing for a 5K run, a marathon or a martial arts fight you need your body to be strong. This cocktail can help your muscles to recuperate and for your body to stay in top shape for any sport competition.
Although most people can benefit from intravenous supplementation, there are some limitations in who can get the procedure.
Pregnant women already have an increase in blood volume and their heart and kidneys are working overtime. So if you are pregnant you will have to take oral supplements approved by your medical provider instead of intravenous vitamins which can overload your system with fluid and potentially increase blood pressure and force your cardiovascular system to work harder.
- If you have a kidney disease, your body is struggling to filter out minerals and fluid which can increase to toxic level. The minerals have to be carefully monitored by your medical provider to avoid dangerous levels that can cause to for example cardiac arrhythmias.
- If you have high blood pressure, additional fluid can increase it and your heart will be forced to work harder that is why intravenous fluids with vitamins are a contraindication.
- Allergy to particular supplements or minerals are rare as most people have them, but if you can't process certain elements make sure to let those administering intravenous supplementation know to avoid dangerous consequences.
- Always provide a full list of any medications or supplements you are already taking to avoid undesirable interaction with IV supplements.
- If you have CHF (congestive heart failure) then intravenous fluids can overload your pulmonary and cardiovascular system and result in undesirable and potential dangerous consequences. That is why patients with CHS should avoid intravenous fluids without careful hospital monitoring.
IV ingredients at High Point Medspa are sourced from a pharmacy that has strict regulations and compliant with FDA and USP requirements. Your IV access will be established by a Physician Assistant who will also monitor you throughout the infusion. You will have access to the medical provider at High Point Medspa via a phone call, text, or email after you leave the facility and will have confidence that you will always get a reply to your questions or concern.
Scheudle IV Therapy
If you are ready to try intravenous vitamins please make an appointment at High Point Med Spa by calling 201-618-5283 or book appointment online.